My poor brother Jake!! He went to site in his gun with his friend, and it backfired a little.. A reloaded bullet, had caused the gun to jam, and a part of the gun blew up in his face. He has shrapnel all over in his face and eyes. He had to go to an eye doctor, and they put him under anesthesia for a few hours, while they removed shrapnel from his eyes and face. luckily is was on the surface, and not a ton of damage was done. He had to have a few stitches on the tip of his nose, and on his cheek. He has a few pretty big pieces in his thumb, but the surgeon said they aren't going to have to do surgery! He is now doing great, and not in nearly the amount of pain he was.
I was the only one that could stand to pick out shrapnel, so I have spent a few of my own hours digging out little pieces from his face. Quite entertaining for me, and much appreciate by Jake. I am so glad he was okay, and I know that my dad was watching over him!!
2 comments:
So sorry for Jake--thanks for the update. What a scary and painful thing to go through! I'm glad he's going to be okay. Pass our love along to him! XOXO
Jake LOVES that you helped him get the shrapnel out! You might never forget the bloody-boogery shrapnel from his nose. LOL EWW! BTW http://the-burton-blog.blogspot.com/
Hope you enjoyed your trip!
Post a Comment