Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Coupons


I have been hearing a lot of rave about how much you can save from using coupons, but I cannot for the life of me make it work. On one of my friend's blog she listed a bunch of items that would have cost her $125 and she got them for a grand total of $34! After reading this blog, I decided to get motivated and try it out. So, I started the coupon process by stealing the Sunday paper from my sister, I went through all the ads, cut out all the coupons that I would possibly use, made a shopping list, and headed to Wal Mart to Save BIG! Well, it didn't happen.. I ended up only using two coupons, the rest I grabbed, were for Albertson use only. I got a little discouraged and have since stopped using coupons lol.
But, here's my real point for posting this.. if you are a Smith's shopper and you own a value card, you are in luck! Their is a website called http://www.shortcuts.com/, where you type in your card number, and then it will have a list of coupons that you can add to your card. When you are checking out in line, and they swipe your card, it will automatically give you the discount for the item. The thing I like most about it, you don't have to worry about cutting out coupons and all that junk, and it will even send you an email if one is about to expire. So, try it out and let me know what you think!

1 comments:

Andrea said...

Dude. I think this is overhyped. I'd rather spend an extra $50 a month on food than spend the mental energy. When would I consume 40 cans of Pringle's anyway? Watch my blog soon- I have a funny post to share on this. Loves!