Wednesday, September 22, 2010

And this..


I have been wanting to post about this for a while now, but I haven't been able to because it was a bday present for my sister-in-law. Her bday dinner got postponed a few weeks, so it sat in my box, and finally on Sunday we were able to celebrate. So, the secret is out. I started to make an apron for myself, and then Nicole wanted one, so I thought I would just stop doing mine, and surprise her with one for her bday. She had told me she wanted to redo her kitchen in black and white, and wanted one to match. Joann's really does not have the greatest variety, but they do have the greatest sales.
They are not hard to make, but they are definitely time consuming, if you don't have a hem stitch on your sewing machine. I think I am going to modify mine, and add a top to it, so keep checking in to see the final results (if I ever get around to it). I found the idea on One More Moore's website if you want to make one yourself. 
I just googled fabric flowers and found a site with a little tutorial on how to make the flower I sewed on this. I don't have the patience to find that again, but I did find this other site with tutorials on fabric flowers. Make sure and post pictures if you decide to make one!!

2 comments:

Tayva said...

Love this project and the little skirt, too! XO

Nicole Burton said...

I love it! I am very honored to have the original Randi creation! Thanks again so much!