Monday, October 19, 2009

Rich's Week long celebration


Rich had been wanting this wheel on Ebay, and ended up losing the bid by $5. He was totally devistated, and I felt absolutely awful. Well, sneaky Brian actually won the bid, and didn't tell Rich, and we were able to give him an awesome birthday present! I was so excited about giving it to him, I had a hard time keeping my mouth shut, but I waited the very last minute of his birthday night, and it was the greatest thing ever!


My FIRST homemade cake, and this is what is turned out like! It's a white cake with whipped, vanilla frosting, and carmel on top. I made the topping by carmelizing sugar, and then letting the strands fall from a spoon. The sad story behind this cake is, I made the carmel topping that Saturday afternoon, put it in a cake tupperware, so it could be ready when we got back from Graham's bday party. Well, when we got home, we had about 5 minutes to get ready for Rich's dinner, and when Rich went to get the cake out of the fridge, the moisture from the tupperware and the fridge had disolved the carmel top! I was absolutely devistated, and didn't want to take the cake. But, in the long run, everyone loved it, and I had a picture to show for my cool cake.



Rich's dinner party! All of his friends were so great to come out to dinner, and support Rich on his birthday!

2 comments:

Savanna said...

you are a babe. and your hair is fetch. teach me to not look like i'm 15. thanks.

Rachel said...

your cake looks fabulous!